3.28.2009

Don Diablo

I'd never heard of Dutch recording artist and Esquire Best Dressed Man of 2007, Don Diablo*, until today, but it appears he's the most famous man in the Netherlands (you know, where Dutch people are from).

It also appears he was the main inspiration when those hilarious little scamps crafted "J*zz in My Pants." Seriously. Some of his tracks sound like theirs, and he's often pictured wearing a super tight suit & accessories most easily found at your local H&M. If I were him, I'd be pretty jazzed that even though I'm not famous in the States, I've been parodied by some of its more relevant humorists.

You know what, though? I bet he is famous here and I just don't know it. It's not like I spend my weekends waiting in line to go dance my heart out and look supes awesome at the hottest clubs in Chicago. I barely even know today's Top 40 hits let alone what's spinning on the world's dance floors. If I had to guess what went on there, I'd picture something like MTV's The Grind or Nickelodeon Roundhouse.

I mean, if this guy was voted best dressed, and MTV News made a documentary about his charitable efforts, and this crazy Falcor-lookin' thing wants to hang out with him, he's probably totally famous. I mean, his music isn't very good, but what Scandanavian music is really? And since when did one have to make good music to be famous anyway?

*PS: The "Don" is not like the title Don. His given name was actually Don. As in Donald. Like the Duck or the Trump. That deserves this.

No comments:

Post a Comment