3.17.2009

Curtain rod

Wow. I wish I were sleemailing right now instead of blogging about curtain rods. Since I didn't really learn anything from Wikipedia on the subject--aside from the fact that Curtain Rod Day is December 16--I shall dedicate this post to rods in general.

I think the rod topic is top-of-mind because one of my besties, J. Holmes, recently competed in our annual beer pong tournament under the name "In Rod We Trust." When I asked her what that was in reference to, she said "oh, any number of Rods," including but not limited to:
  • A-Rod: Roided up & banging Madge? Sickening. This begs the question, though: If Alex Rodriguez is A-Rod, can Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez be B-Rod? Benny is, of course, the star of The Sandlot--a movie every girl my age loved because of all the cute boys in it. This is also why we loved The Mighty Ducks. Wasn't it a disappointment when Adam Banks got ugly between D1 and D2?
  • Hot Rod: No, not the car Tim "The Toolman" Taylor was always fixing up in the garage. The shitty movie starring Andy Samberg. J. Holmes and I actually saw it and were so disappointed that we sneaked into The Bourne Ultimatum right after in an effort to get our money's worth. People seem to think Hot Rod isn't all that bad, and given the recent prominence of Jorma Taccone and Danny McBride, I'd be willing to give it a second chance.
  • Rod Farva: Gimme a god damn liter of cola. The powdered sugar is delicious. I got you good, you fucker. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I weep for you.
  • Rod Roddy: Wouldn't it be kinda cool if the devil won a bet and got to pull Rody Roddy down to hell, just so he could use him to entice other people to come down there by requesting they "COME ON DOWN"?
So let's honor you, rods of the world. No, I didn't talk about Rod Stewart, Rod Flanders, Rod Serling, Rod Tidwell or fishing rod--but I still love you. In Rod I trust.*

I other news, I found this hilarious thing yesterday. Put your name in, or what-have-you, and it gives you anagrams. I anagrammed "curtain rod" and didn't get anything good, though. Rick Astley's got some great ones, though.

*Okay, there's another one, but I'm not going to talk about him. No politics on Wikrolled. Especially politics that embarrass the hell out of the city I live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment