3.13.2009

Charles D. Parker

Well, this is some lucky randomness. I get to blog about the land of cheese, badgers, and ME: Wisconsin. Isn't today supposed to be unlucky? I mean, it's not like I've ever actually heard of 1880's sexiest Wisconsin politician Charles D. Parker, but he pretty much sounds awesome. Well, okay. He was originally from Waukesha, which is not all that great. I have fallen for the charms of one particular man from Waukesha, and it didn't end well. He was fickle and a little boring. Admittedly, he won me over with his extensive knowledge of Ferris Bueller trivia. Come to think of it, one of his best friends is a Parker. Maybe this is a coincidence?

At least this Charles Parker character got past his Waukesha upbringing and became a regent at UW-Madison, my alma mater. I feel like UW is the only school that ever talks about regents. It's usually a term reserved for legit royal dudes (and royal ugly dudes), no? The high school in Madison is even nicknamed the Regents. What a shitty mascot. FYI, Reggie the Regent is a lion. Where the hell'd that come from, Madison West? (Yeah, I know. Lion=king=royal=regent. Whatever.) And, yes, my high school mascot was a dude in a kilt, so I guess I shouldn't talk. Shut up.

Hey, wasn't there someone actually cool named Charlie Parker? Indeed, there was.

PS: Since this was my lucky day, make it yours. Watch this. Happy St. Patrick's Day, my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment