6.16.2009

2001 in Australian Television

So I don't know about you, but thing that really interests me most on this page about Australian TV (or even Australia in general) is Neighbours.

I actually know very little about this show, but I do know that pretty much every famous Australian was on it at some point. Seriously. Check out this list:
  • Russell Crowe
  • Natalie Imbruglia
  • Kylie Minogue
  • Rhada Mitchell (the terrified wife from Phone Booth)
  • Guy Pearce (the hottest guy I know that shares my birthday...besides Steve from Full House)
  • Alan Dale (the guy who plays Wealthy, Attractive Older Gentleman on pretty much every show ever--The OC, Ugly Betty, LOST...)
Okay, I seriously thought there'd be more people I recognized on that list. Whatever. That's a lot considering how many famous people you actually get out of Australia. Think about it. The only Australians I can think of who aren't on that list are Heath Ledger, Nicole Kidman and Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee). Right?

It is kind of strange to me that such a wide range of stars came out of such a mediocre-sounding show. Soap opera about neighbors (or rather, neighbours) who live on a cul-de-sac together? Meh. It must be pretty damn good, though. It's been on since 1985! Not only that, it's on every night! Jay Leno better take note. Until then, I'm going to go see if I can YouTube some Neighbours and see if I can spot the world's next famous Australian.

No comments:

Post a Comment